HBI has been delivering high quality environmental services to the construction industry for many years now and have established a justifiably strong reputation as a leading service provider in this area.
Our environmental consultants bring robust, site based understanding of the issues confronted by construction teams. We can converse with project teams in the negotiation of possible acceptable solutions to issues that occur on a major infrastructure project, either through the nature of the works themselves or through concerns that may be raised by one of the many project stakeholders.
We have a strong knowledge and understanding of construction methodologies used in a range of industrial developments and major infrastructure sectors such as rail, road, tunnelling and ports. Our intimate appreciation of site environmental issues and their management, coupled with an ability to communicate this information in layman’s terms to maximum effect on site and to the community is essential on projects where an ER is given the authority to act freely and independently. We also help to independently facilitate the achievement of innovative and practical solutions that enhance project performance, while still maintaining compliance with the project’s approvals.
Our environmental managers are sought after for the advice we can bring regarding best practice environmental management and sustainability for major construction projects. We often work with our clients to bring our “lessons learnt” into the delivery strategies for environmental aspects of major projects.
This might include provision for the real cost of environmental controls, flexible and practical erosion and sediment control strategies – including basin management and application of the ‘Blue Book’, environmental monitoring strategies, planning approval and licence compliance strategies and licence and permit applications.
Additionally, and importantly we provide leadership and direction for what constitutes acceptable environmental performance and behaviour on a project including the development and establishment of performance indicators.
Some of the many projects for which we have provided Environmental Representative or Environment Manager Services include:
- Macdonaldtown Stabling Yard
- Revesby Turnback Project
- Revesby Commuter Car Park
- Nundah Bank Third Track, Upper Hunter Valley Alliance
- Port Kembla Cement Grinding Facility
- Sydney Opera House Vehicle Access and Pedestrian Safety Project (VAPS)
- Rozelle Goods Line – Rail Track Maintenance and Reconstruction
- Newcastle Rail Platform Extensions
- Southern Sydney Freight Line
- Cronulla Rail Line Alliance (Environment Manager)
- Kingsgrove to Revesby Quadruplication
- Glenfield to Leppington Rail Line
- Inner West Light Rail Extension
- Wynyard Walk
- North West Rail Link – Tunnel and Station Civils Package
- North West Rail Link – Station and Viaduct Civils Package
- North West Rail Link – Operational Train Systems (including the Rapid Transport Facility Civils Package)
- Aurizon Long Term Train Stabling Facility
- CBD and South East Light Rail – Early works package