HBI can provide our experience in environmental monitoring for your project. Services include both indoor and external monitoring services for a range of environmental pollutants.
External monitoring includes the range of usual culprits – noise, dust, odour, other contaminated emissions, and water discharges. Solutions can be devised to manage environmental emissions in a systematic and controlled fashion to be able to demonstrate regulatory compliance requirements.
HBI teams have experience in:
- environmental monitoring on major infrastructure projects including groundwater monitoring, noise monitoring, dust monitoring, out of hours noise monitoring
- occupational health and safety monitoring for large scale contaminated site remediation projects
- indoor air quality monitoring
- surface and airborne bacterial and fungal counts
- airborne particulate matter (including aerosols)
- measurement of indoor air quality indicators such as temperature, humidity, carbon monoxide and carbon dioxide
- gas screening including hydrocarbons, sulphur dioxide, oxides of nitrogen, ozone, ammonia, hydrogen sulphide and formaldehyde
- volatile organic compound (VOC) assessments
- odour detection
- noise evaluations
- lighting level assessments
- monitoring of cooling tower performance
- surface and potable water monitoring
- environmental tobacco smoke
Our project environmental monitoring includes site specific plan monitoring plan development as well as hands on monitoring conducted for major contractors for complex projects – this type of monitoring is generally in response to a legislative requirement such as an environmental protection licence or to ensure occupational exposure to harmful contaminants to both employees and the public is prevented.
Our monitoring experience includes in excess of twenty years of national and international experience in proactive and reactive monitoring in a diverse range of premises including infrastructure, public and private commercial offices, universities, libraries, airports, rail and bus interchange stations, hospitals, social and sporting clubs, retirement homes, TAFE colleges, private and public schools and day care centres.