Our aims are to assist Clients to be proactive thus avoiding or reducing complaints from building occupants and to diagnose problems or perceived problems for those Clients who, through circumstance, are compelled to be reactive.
The key components of our Indoor Air Quality studies:
• Review of the design, general condition and operating practices of the main ventilating systems.
• A visual inspection of the internal chambers of the air handling units, including coils, fan chambers, humidifiers etc. with an assessment of the type, installation, condition and efficiency of the filters present.
• Fibre optic examination of representative sections of the internals of the main and secondary ducts leaving the air handlers with a borescope. When necessary, access will be gained to these ducts by the insertion of HBI access points into the duct work.
• Static pressures inside duct work.
• Microbial surface samples from voids, ducts and relevant surfaces of the air handling equipment, especially in areas where water leaks are evident. Samples will be analysed for bacterial and fungal types present.
• Airborne microbial samples in selected occupied areas followed by analysis of bacterial and fungal species present.
• Measurement of airborne particle levels using electronic particle counters of aerosol monitors
• Measurement of carbon dioxide levels and as indicator of ventilation rates.
• Measurement of carbon monoxide levels.
• Checks for miscellaneous gases in selected areas, including screening for hydrocarbons, sulphur dioxide, oxides of nitrogen, ozone, ammonia and hydrogen sulphide.
• Formaldehyde levels in suspect areas.
• Temperature and relative humidity levels.
• Assessment of Environmental Tobacco Smoke (ETS) levels if smoking is permitted.
• Assessment of the Soiling Characteristics of the supply air.
• A signed and framed Indoor Air Quality Assurance Certificate is provided.
• A comprehensive report is provided in electronic and written formats. This includes details of the test methods, results and conclusions. Recommendations for remedial action are given where required.