The team at Healthy Buildings International is committed to managing quality, workplace health and safety, as well as sustainable environments.
As well as working within the rigorous policy frameworks that are in place within our organisation, we must also align our work practices to meet the expectations of our clients and fulfil the policies of companies for whom we carry out work.
We commit to the highest standards of delivery across all of our service offerings in a fully compliant environment as well as facilitate initiatives that encourage our employees, contractors, suppliers and customers to exercise exemplary workplace health and safety and environmental practices that benefit the wider community.
All of our policies and plans are consistent with the requirements of ISO9001 -Quality, AS4801 – Safety Management, and ISO14001 – Environmental Management. Our accreditation process is currently underway
Our Commitment to Quality
Healthy Buildings International recognises the importance of customer satisfaction in an increasingly demanding world. An assured, consistent level of quality assists us to satisfy our clients’ requirements. The Healthy Buildings International quality management system assists us in our goal to offer the highest standards of quality and reliability.
Procedures and policies covering all aspects of areas affecting quality are developed, implemented and routinely reviewed to cover all aspects of our works. Provision is made for any issues adversely affecting quality to be dealt with quickly and in a manner that will prevent recurrence.
A philosophy of continual improvement is adopted by Healthy Buildings International to ensure development of the quality system. It is important that quality processes are continually updated in response to changes in legislation, or to reflect improvements or operational techniques that will improve our service quality and streamline the way we operate.
Reaching these goals requires strong and responsive management and a united commitment from all staff.
Our team is trained to understand and implement the objectives of the quality policy through induction and structured training programs, with staff encouraged to raise suggestions or where required, system non conformances, to aid us in meeting our policy of continual improvement and delivery of a product to the highest standards possible.
Our Commitment to Workplace Health and Safety
At Healthy Buildings International, our Workplace Health, Safety and Rehabilitation policy is based on a belief that the well-being of people employed at work, or people affected by our work, are major priorities and must be considered during all work performed on our behalf.
Our people are our most important asset and their health and safety is our greatest responsibility.
The objective of our health and safety policy is to achieve an incident free “No Harm” workplace.
To achieve this we:
- make a commitment to health, safety and rehabilitation an integral part of every managerial and supervisory position
- establish measurable objectives and targets to ensure continued improvement aimed at elimination of work related injury and illness
- ensure health and safety is considered in all planning and work activities
- involve our employees in the decision making process through regular communication, consultation and training
- provide a continuous program of education and learning to ensure that our employees work in the safest possible manner
- identify and control all potential hazards in the workplace through hazard identification and risk analysis
- implement controls and work processes that minimise the potential for incidents or dangerous occurrences
- provide effective injury management and rehabilitation for all employees
The success of our health, safety and rehabilitation management is dependent on:
- the pro-active planning of all work activities with due consideration given to implementing controls that are suitable to each given situation
- the competency of the HBI personnel to understand the total work process and associated health and safety risks, and to manage changes to eliminate these risks
- open and honest communication between management and all employees
- a total commitment of the entire HBI team wanting to achieve the health and safety objectives
Link to Our Workplace Health and Safety (Occupational Health Safety and Rehabilitation Policy)
Our Commitment to a Sustainable Environment
Healthy Buildings International is committed to conducting business operations safely, reliably and efficiently, delivering services in a manner that meets client needs and expectations. Accordingly, our business activities are planned and conducted in a manner consistent with the principles of sustainability to minimise and avoid adverse effects on the natural environment and social surroundings for the benefit of current and future generations.
Healthy Buildings International strives to:
- ensure that environmental considerations form part of our business planning and decision-making processes
- promote a culture of responsible environmental management
- protect the natural environment and social surroundings, preserve biodiversity, prevent pollution and minimise waste as far as possible
- comply with applicable environmental laws and aspire to higher standards within the business
- continually improve our environmental performance via monitoring and review processes
- provide our employees with the skills, awareness and leadership to achieve our environmental responsibilities.
- communicate openly and transparently with stakeholders on environmental matters
- engage clients and other interested parties in environmental initiatives aligned with our business values
We expect our team to actively contribute towards avoiding or minimising environmental impacts in their day to day work. This means:
- Working carefully at all times to protect the environment
- Reporting any environmental impacts, hazards or potential environmental management issues of which they become aware
- Working in a manner consistent with our legal environmental obligations
- Working in accordance with our environmental management programs and systems of work
- Participating in environmental management consultation and training initiatives, and using effective environmental management measures in their work.
Link to Our Environment and Sustainability Policy (Environment and Sustainability Policy)